Heata is a groundbreaking green distributed compute network that uses the waste heat from compute to heat the water in people’s homes, helping to tackle climate change and the fuel poverty crisis simultaneously.
Backed by British Gas and a number of other prominent investors, the company has a network of units installed in UK homes and is now expanding the team in a number of key areas. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up at an exciting phase in its journey.
Rendering is incredibly processor intensive - a 90 minute film could provide a day's hot water for 20,000 homes! - there's a huge opportunity for the visualisation and animation industries to make a positive impact, and we want to build the technology and platform to help them make that change.
We're looking for someone to set up & lead our production rendering offer.
What do we need to build in terms of hardware, software, support and processes in order to establish heata as a viable partner for production rendering for stills and animations? Initially, our focus will be on Architectural Visualisation but later in adjacent sectors like TV & Film.
The initial phase will be focused on defining our strategy, product and fit in the market, in tandem with bringing clients onto the heata network. As the business grows, you will lead the evolution of our technology, team and processes to become a leading partner in the sector.
The initial contract will be for 6 months with a view to extending to a permanent role thereafter.
- Significant experience in 3d rendering production processes and workflows
- Experience managing rendering production for still, animations & films
- Excellent understanding of the technical side of rendering
- Broad knowledge of rendering packages and plugins
- Good overview of the solutions in the market (in-house and cloud render farms)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated and well organised
- Able to lead and manage a team
- Strong network in the industry
Education and Experience
You might have worked in-house at a visualisation studio focused on architecture or product design, at an animation / production studio, or at one of the large cloud platforms managing rendering for multiple clients.
We're looking for:
- 10+ years' experience in rendering / rendering production and a deep understanding of all aspects of managing rendering workflows and render farms
- A good understanding of the sales / onboarding process for cloud rendering
- Degree level qualification is nice but not essential, what's most important is a deep understanding of 3d rendering production
It'd be great if the candidate is aligned with our values; at heata we want to reduce energy use, save carbon and help people with free hot water. It'd be great if you want to do some good too.
Contract and office details
- Full time, starting imminently
- 60k year, depending on experience
- OTE bonus
- Participation in company options scheme
- Office is based in Godalming (GU7 1EY), parking available
- Remote working is ok but useful to meet in the office at least one day a week