Heata is a groundbreaking green distributed compute network that uses the waste heat from compute to heat the water in people’s homes, helping to tackle climate change and the fuel poverty crisis simultaneously.
Backed by British Gas and a number of other prominent investors, the company has a network of units installed in UK homes and is now expanding the team in a number of key areas. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up at an exciting phase in its journey.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Cloud Computing lead to build our cloud service proposition and take it to market.
Your primary focus will be on building a strategy & offer around our USP, generating new business opportunities, managing key client accounts, and building a team of sales professionals to deliver revenue targets. This role requires a strong understanding of the cloud computing landscape - who’s buying what services/workloads plus future trends and opportunities that may be relevant to the heata network - exceptional sales and leadership skills; and a proven track record in achieving sales goals.
Sales Strategy and Execution
- Apply your knowledge of the cloud to tightly define our proposition and product offering
- Understand how carbon accounting drives purchasing decisions, and identify where and how we can help companies achieve their goals.
- Identify and target key industries, markets, and customer segments
- Develop and execute effective sales strategies to drive the adoption and sales of our cloud computing service to corporate customers
- Collaborate with a marketing team to develop compelling sales materials, presentations, and proposals that effectively communicate the value of our service versus our competitors
- Track and analyse market trends, competitor activities, and customer needs to identify new business opportunities and refine sales strategies accordingly.
Business Development and Account Management
- Identify, approach, and engage potential clients to generate new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, understanding their business needs
- Collaborate with the technical team to provide tailored cloud computing solutions to address their requirements.
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations to showcase the features and benefits of our cloud computing solutions.
- Negotiate and close sales contracts, ensuring profitable and sustainable business partnerships.
Sales Team Leadership
- Initially you will be a team of one, but we’d expect the team to grow rapidly over the first year contingent on sales performance.
- Build and motivate a team of sales professionals, setting clear performance objectives, providing coaching, training, and guidance.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance sales culture, encouraging teamwork and sharing of best practices.
- Monitor individual and team sales performance, providing regular feedback, and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as product development and customer support, to ensure customer satisfaction and success.
- Proven track record of success in sales, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in cloud computing or related field.
- Strong network that can be leveraged for sales and marketing
- Engage in the common goal of reducing the carbon footprint of cloud compute.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, including infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service (SaaS).
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with experience in managing and developing a high-performing sales team.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyse market trends and customer needs to develop effective sales strategies.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or a related field
- Have worked directly within cloud compute, ideally within batch / offline rendering
- Understanding of how and where companies are deploying Kubernetes, or other major distributed compute platform.
- Purchasing or selling of excess compute and batch systems, such as AWS Batch, Argo Workflows, SLURM, etc